Sunday 7 August 2011

Jining to Qufu

We arrived at Jining at 6pm fri 5th August. We were picked up by Wei Shifu (master) and Nelly the translator. Aufully nice of them considering it was 1.2hrs drive. We later found out that Wei shifu is the headmaster. He was driving a chinese banger and gave us one of the scariest drives in my life. I remembered driving was bad, but this was lunacy! Everybody was driving towards each other, in what was pretty big, new roads, honking incessantly. As mainly farming lands all around, the road was packed with huge lorries and tracks with demented drivers zig-zagging without any warning. I am sure there were few more white hair on my head by the time we arrived the outskirts of the Qufu and the Shaolin school. In the next and half hour later the rest of my hair probably turned white!

No comments:

Post a Comment